Saturday, December 7, 2013

WHITTIER MEN OF INTRIGUE

I know I've posted Thee Midniters' "I Found a Peanut" before; but it happened to play in some goddamn shuffle thing last night and I was reminded of what an awesome oddball it is. If you're not familiar with Thee Midniters, listen to "Whittier Boulevard" first, it's one of their better known songs. After that listen to "I Found a Peanut".  Someone clue me into what said peanut is. A goofy pill of some sort, I'm sure. You'll see what I mean, starting at about :36 into the song.

The photo above is of an early incarnation of Thee Midniters, when they were Benny and the Midniters. I don't care what incarnation of what band it is, I ran across it and I'll be damned if I ignore that sort of badassery. Check out Mr. Hot Shot on guitar, with his leg draped over the neck. What a nut!

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Thee Midniters - Whittier Blvd mp3 at DRB's Blog
Thee Midniters - I Found A Peanut mp3 at Api.ning.com
Visit:
Thee Midniters
at Wikipedia
The Birth of the Lowrider Sound
at Lowrider Magazine

No comments: