Wednesday, March 5, 2014

ALWAYS CHECK THE B SIDE

A week ago I mentioned how a search for a photo of an apeshit drummer led to an unrelated photo that turned into a post about cajun music. Totally sidetracked, which is the norm, I made a mental note to return to this mystery drummer. Days later, I was still unable to find out who the drummer is, which isn't surprising, because there's little online even about his boss, band leader Ray Hudson (picture above), The reason why the drummer intrigued me wasn't because he possessed any sort of extraordinary talent. It was because he was beating the living shit out of his kit. Listen to the first song below, "Jackhammer". Loud. He's really going to town. Like the infamous Steve "This Drummer Is at the Wrong Gig" Moore, he is making the most of his opportunity to shine. If there's any doubt about said opportunity, listen to the flip, "Here I Am - Drunk Again", a fine song by any measure, but I think you'd agree that he was given the apeshit green light on "Jackhammer". Unbelievable, that these two songs were done by the same band, let alone released on the same 45.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen: 
Ray Hudson and the Western Rhythmaires - Jackhammer mp3 at Julebox Mafia
Ray Hudson and the Western Rhythmaires - Here I Am - Drunk Again mp3 at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban

No comments: