Sunday, March 16, 2014

MARK E. SMITH DOES WANDA

Do you have fancy cable? I don't. So I don't have the Smithsonian Channel. I thought I'd check their site to see if they have streaming stuff, and guess what? Not only do they have some of their shows online, but the first one that I saw right on the homepage was an hour documentary on Wanda Jackson. That, along with of a few of her songs would have just about wrapped things up, but guess what (again)? I ran into a boss cover of "Funnel of Love" by the Fall. Boo-hoo purists, I dig it.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:
Wanda Jackson - Fujiyama Mama mp3 at Log-Line
Wanda Jackson - Let's Have A Party mp3
at Fonsl's Velt
Wanda Jackson - Whirlpool mp3
at Beware of the Blog
Wanda Jackson - Savin' My Love mp3
at Bousculadet
Wanda Jackson - Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On mp3
at Rocky-52.net
Wanda Jackson - Yakety Yak mp3
at Rocky-52.net

Wanda Jackson - This Gun Don't Care mp3 at Beware of the Blog
Wanda Jackson - Shakin' All Over mp3 at Dr. Mooney's 115th Dream
Wanda Jackson - Five more songs at Mustard Relics Including a later version of "Funnel of Love" with Lux and Ivy
Cover:
The Fall - Funnel of Love mp3 at Randomville
Watch:
The Sweet Lady With the Nasty Voice at The Smithsonian Channel Hour long documentary
Visit:
Wanda Jackson at Rockabilly Hall of Fame
Wanda Jackson at Wikipedia

No comments: