Friday, July 18, 2014

GATEWAY TO THE BEAT

I have no idea where I'm going tonight. I had the photo above saved for some reason, so I thought, what the hell, let's check some Betty Harris stuff. You know how that happens. The first song I ran into was "Break In the Road". Flat out, this song blows my mind. The tone is set three seconds into it, with feedback. Not wailing feedback. It sounds like it was accidental and they just left it in. And it reappears sporadically throughout the song. Yes. It's raw. Then you notice the beat. Sweet holy Jesus. That's when the whole thing goes haywire. Totally distracted in a different direction. The drummer is James Black. I know that because I ended up at Drummer World of all places, digging on the other work of his. Add another one to the list. That reminds me, I don't know shit.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Betty Harris - Break In the Road mp3 at Drummer World
Betty Harris - Break In the Road mp3
at Soylent Cream
Eddie Bo - Hook and Sling mp3
at Drummer World
Lee Dorsey - Riverboat mp3
at Drummer World
Four more songs featuring James Black
at Drummer World
Visit:
James Black bio and discography
at Drummer World

No comments: