Wednesday, October 29, 2014

THAT SHIT IS OLD

I was driving today and had just dropped a few people off. I'm pulling away, I turn up the radio and press a random preset. The song that was playing was "Let Your Yeah Be Yeah" by the Pioneers, I was elated, it's a great song from a great reggae trio, I never thought I'd hear it on the radio, not in my neck of the woods anyways. For a split second all seemed right in the world. Then I pulled up to the stoplight

When I was stopped at the light, I looked to see what station it was, and then saw the time. It was 4:20. My buoyant mood flew right out the window. Surely it couldn't be intentional, no DJ would be that unimaginative or clueless, that cliché. I've had it with the overly used weed references. Guess what? Oh yeah, it was about to get worse. When the DJ came back on, and did indeed reference 420, he then rambled something about rastas, before going into a Weezer song. Look at the Pioneers. Do they look rasta to you? Do they look like stoners? Hey DJ, that was lame.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Pioneers - Let Your Yeah Be Yeah mp3 at Renan Maitre (?)
The Pioneers - Long Shot Kick De Bucket mp3
at Soundbites
The Pioneers with Greyhound - Mother and Child Reunion mp3 at ATumblr
Visit:
The Pioneers
at Wikipedia

No comments: