Sunday, November 2, 2014

EL BUEN CLUB DEL PELO

I don't know it's just me, or if rock en Espanol is of interest to anybody else that comes smelling around here, but I like it, a lot. Primarily the mid-sixties stuff. There's a few reasons. I dig the look. I dig the record sleeves, usually type. photos, and that's it, no fancy stuff. But the one thing I really like is the sound, especially on the covers of well known chart hits. They sound a little off, in a good way. Hard to explain. Just check these from Los Rockin' Devils (pictured above). Listen to the vocals on "Loco Me Patina El Coco", It's "Wild Thing" con gravel. There's four other bands at Super Sonido, and while you're at it, browse the stuff at YouTube, starting with Martha y los Ventura. Their "Amor Que Malo Eres" has song Tijuana Brass type horns and and a guitar solo that sounds like a beat up warped surf record. Plus it gives me the excuse to post that bitchen band shot below.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Los Rockin Devils - Loco Me Patina El Coco mp3 at Super Sonido
Los Rockin Devils - Gloria mp3
at Super Sonido
Los Rockin Devils - Juego De Amor mp3
at Super Sonido
Martha y los Ventura - Amor Que Malo Eres (streaming) at YouTube

1 comment:

Timmy said...

Absolutely bitchen! Thanx..........
One of the best posts you've ever had here.