Sunday, December 21, 2014

DIG THE CHESTNUTS BABY

I'm not a real fan of "The Christmas Song", but if it's done by an old school jazz guy, I'll bite. So I did. The damn thing sounds so much like that photo above looks, I had to slap it up here. Listen to it and you'll see. The others are just random findings. You can decide if they're good Gordon or not. I plead ignorance when it comes to his body of work. He's just a another big name on the waiting list. It reminds me of when I owned no jazz at all. I asked the jazz buyer at Tower Records, then the boyfriend of a friend of mine, what Charlie Parker album was the one to start with. He looked at me with a look of conviction, and just said "All of Charlie Parker's stuff is great." It was as if to say, "if you put your foot in the pool, it's gonna be a long swim."

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Dexter Gordon - The Christmas Song mp3 at Boogie Woogie Flu
Dexter Gordon - Love For Sale mp3 at Pixie Radio
Dexter Gordon - Cheesecake mp3 at Synthesis Radio
Dexter Gordon - As Time Goes By mp3 at Tafunus

No comments: