Monday, January 26, 2015

THE DIGABLE ODDBALL

You know it's going to be one of those nights when the song that makes you stop dead in your tracks is a Soviet jazz cover of a Staple Singers song. The Melodiya Ensemble do a formidable job with the Staples' "Why Am I Treated So Bad", a surprisingly potent groove, low key though it is. If you really want a low key groove, check Cannonball Adderly's cover. It's total soul jazz for swinging stoners.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Melodiya Ensemble - Why Am I Treated So Bad? mp3 at Soul Sides
Ramsey Lewis - Why Am I Treated So Bad? mp3
at SD-6 (?)
Cannonball Adderly  - Why Am I Treated So Bad? mp3
at Pixie Radio
Staple Singers - Why Am I Treated So Bad?
(streaming) at YouTube
Video
Staple Singers - Why Am I Treated So Bad? (Live)
at YouTube

No comments: