Friday, February 27, 2015

LIVE LONG AND CREATE

The first time I laid eyes on Mr. Spock's vulcan ass was when I was in still in grade school. It was at my Grandmother's house on her brand new color TV. It was the first time I'd ever seen Star Trek, and it was the first time I'd seen anything on color TV. Leonard Nimoy, who played Spock, has been within the sphere of my pop culture cognizance ever since. But when I heard that he died today, it wasn't his role as Spock that came to mind, but his extracurricular activities, poetry, photography and music. Yes, we can all get a good chuckle out of some of his musical escapades, but let's not forget, the man did not rest on his pointy earred laurels. He made stuff. I don't care if it was quality or not. In life there are those who feel the need to create, and those who don't. Given his non-Star Trek output, I think it's safe to say that with or without the success of the series, he would have churned stuff out. That deserves respect. Chuckle if you must.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:

No comments: