Monday, March 16, 2015

CLOSURE

It's always nice when you can finally get something that bugged you behind you. You can finally stop thinking about it. Some of you, noting the sleeve above, already know where I'm going. "I'm Archie Bell and the Drells". Not ten words into the song, a big fat grammatical error. It's bugged me for decades. Really. So, today, when I finally heard Drell sing "We're Archie Bell and the Drells", I could officially close the book.


There's another Drells thing down there too, the original of "There's Gonna Be a Showdown", the song the Dolls covered. What the hell, the Dolls' cover is down there too, just to remind you what they could do with a song.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:
Archie Bell and the Drells - There's Gonna Be a Showdown mp3 at Sale el Soul
New York Dolls - There's Gonna Be a Showdown mp3 at A.Tumblr (?)

1 comment:

Timmy said...

Fuckin' alright!