Sunday, April 12, 2015

PUT SOME BREAD ON YOUR HEAD, MAN

When we are young, we experience all sorts of things for the first time. We learn to walk, talk, poop solo, and so on. That's why we pick up so much, there's a higher percentage of stimulating experiences versus commonplace. I've learned the secret. Doing anything for the first time is a stimulating experience. Think I'm joking? Go to the kitchen right now, and put a slice of bread on your head. Do it. It will likely be the first time in your life that you've experienced a piece of bread on your head. It is heavy man. Do something like that for the first time everyday and you will find the child again.

Today was the first time I bothered to learn anything about the clavinet. I knew that it was a keyboard, and that it was electric. I knew what it sounded like, and that Stevie Wonder used it to great effect on "Superstition". That's about it. I never even bothered to look it up. But earlier today I was wondering why the clavinet was all over the place in the seventies, and then pretty much petered out after that. So I took five minutes out of my very busy schedule to read the Wikipedia entry. The clavinet was only made from 1964 until the early eighties. And done.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Steve Wonder - Superstition mp3 at Ace Terrier (?)
Billy Preston - Outa Space mp3 at ATumblr 
Bill Withers - Us Me Up mp3 at Sacred Fire (?)
Rolling Stones - Heartbreaker (streaming) at YouTube Billy Preston on clavinet

No comments: