Wednesday, April 15, 2015

PORTER IN DUB

There's a nice post about Porter Wagoner and his Bottom of the Bottle LP over at No Such Thing As Was. I wasn't even thinking about country and western, but after listening to the three tunes streaming over there, I buckled. No reason to fight it. Polished forlorn country it is.

About that image: Dave Alvin comes home from drinking one night, and passes out. When he wakes up, he opens his eyes, and the first thing he sees is a Porter Wagoner LP cover, at an angle, and says "There's my look. I'm gonna look like that." It happened. I'm sure of it. That's what I thought when I saw that portion of a Porter Wagoner LP at an angle. Spittin' image.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Porter Wagoner - Rubber Room mp3
at April Winchell
Porter Wagoner - Satisfied Mind mp3 at John Rook (?)
Visit:
Disrespectfully Yours: Porter At the Bottom at No Such Thing As Was

No comments: