Monday, May 18, 2015

ELECTIVE

What the hell, I decided to open the "band" folder and post the first image that I didn't remember downloading. Out of a zillion thumbnails, the one that I was drawn to was that of the postage stamp above. Okay, hands down, this is one of my favorite stamps of all time. This is why the U.S. Postal Service whips the UPS's ass.

But, hey, Lydia Mendoza, "The Lark of the Border", "the First Lady of Tejano" (or something like that); if it weren't for the bitchen stamp, I would not be familiar with her. Damn thing did it's job. Postage stamps not only get things from one place to another, after they're done moving our paper, they sit around waiting for someone to look at them.

Check out these by Mendoza. It's old school border music. Read the thing at NPR if you want a profile. Just do a web search. I don't care. I'm too tired from blabbing about postage stamps.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Visit:

No comments: