Monday, November 9, 2015

TWANG RELAPSE

I've but one reason to be playing Duane Eddy stuff. That album cover above. I mean, c'mon. When you see something like that, are you really going to go about your normal business? Not around here you don't.

Eddy's shit is solid, for his tone if nothing else. As you can guess, dude's big on twang. Though his records are a mine field of hokey vocals, sax solos, and corn in general, there's a lot to like. He's like a spit shined Link Wray Light, and that ain't half bad.

Here's a random assortment. I tried my best to avoid the most irritatingly hokey ones. Cut me some slack for doing a Duane Eddy post only a few months after the last one. I've only posted one of these before. Besides, look at that album cover.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Duane Eddy - Stalkin' mp3
at So Many Records, So Little Time

Duane Eddy - Dixie mp3 at Rocky 52
Duane Eddy - Raunchy mp3
at Internet Archive
Duane Eddy - Some Kinda Earthquake mp3
at R Strathdee
Duane Eddy - Forty Miles of Bad Road mp3
at Radio George

No comments: