Tuesday, April 12, 2016

IT'S PENTATONIC DAD!

After the line "I can’t get enough of the entrancing pentatonic grooves of Malian Bambara music", I about busted a gut. The first line in a post and I'm off to look up the definition of "pentatonic". The post goes on to describe the orchestres of Mopti as being like the city, "a funky, crazy yet laid-back, dirty crossroads". Sold.

I don't know how I found Cocoringo's Circadian Sounds, but after poking around over there, I'm thoroughly sucked in. If you dig international music, one night won't do it. Bookmark the sucker. The post that hooked me was about the Orchestre Régional de Mopti, and it only got less familiar, more far flung and more enjoyable from there. Your three chord blues progressions will resume shortly.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Orchestre Régional de Mopti -Boro mp3 at Cocoringo's Circadian Sounds
Antoine Dougbé - Honton Soukpo Gnon mp3 at Cocoringo's Circadian Sounds Pickin' it up a notch.
Jacky Molard Quartet & Foune Diarra Trio “N’Diale” - Kelemagny mp3 at Cocoringo's Circadian Sounds What the hell is this?
Then, I happened on this:
Tropical Beats - A page with dozens of streaming podcasts. Music from, you guessed it, tropical environs. Insanely good mixes.
Visit:
Cocoringo's Circadian Sounds

No comments: