Saturday, May 7, 2016

MOONLIGHTING

Marcia Griffiths is generally thought of as a reggae singer, and she is, but she's done her fair share of stuff with little or no reggae influence at all, some of it really awesome. One such side is her cover of Al Green's "Here I Am", one that would make Isaac Hayes proud, if it was three times longer. As it is, at four minutes, there is ample time to get in a groove. The laid back wah-wah is a nice touch.

Check the others too, in her more recognized role. She's so smooth. I'm really digging that last one, a later thing with Lady G, whom I suppose I should know, but most post-eighties reggae is a blur to me anyway.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Marcia Griffiths - Here I Am mp3 at Foe Weel
Al Green - Here I Am mp3
at  Joe Troiano
Bob and Marcia - Young, Gifted and Black mp3
at ATumblr (?)
Marcia Griffiths - Feel Like Jumping mp3
at Pixie Radio
Marcia Griffiths - Let Me Hold You Tight mp3
at ATumblr (?)
Marcia Griffiths & Lady G. - Really Together Riddim - Buzzin Bashment mp3
at Dancehall Music Title as found.

No comments: