Friday, November 18, 2016

KEEPING UP IS FUTILE

I'm not entirely sure what falls under the category of tropical music, whether it's limited to Latin music of the Caribbean or not. It would make sense that there are tropics all over the world so the tropical music should encompass and all music indigenous to that sort of climate, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Regardless, for whatever reason I gravitate towards the music of warm climates, not exclusively, but that's what I seem to be into more than the people I hang with. African, Cuban, Indonesian, Jamaican, whatever, it's all good. So when I see a link to a blog called Estropical, I'm going to check it out. The blog seems to be dormant, but the last post was a mix called Baltic Breaks, What the hell, right? I'm going to be doing the dishes, so let her rip. Right about six minutes into it I found myself doing some variant of the housecleaning boogaloo. So I checked to see who it was that was playing. Bronx River Parkway. Oh shit, here we go again. Add them to the list.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen: 
Bronx River Parkway - Agua Con Sal mp3 at The Couch Sesions
Bronx River Parkway - El Resbalon mp3
at All My Rowdy Friends
The Mix:
Baltic Breaks
(streaming via MixCloud) at Estropical

No comments: