Thursday, November 10, 2016

WHAT A SHITTY WEEK

Leonard Cohen passed away today. I'm not going to bullshit you, I know very little of his stuff; I own but one LP. He is among the many "I'll get to them at some point" artists in my peripheral scope, but he is held in such high regard by friends that I hold in high regard, ranging from brainy crushes to practical deification by songwriters, that I cannot let his passing go without pause. His respected status as some sort of songwriter's songwriter (Dylan covered him), his longevity and his apparent desire to do nothing more than just keep writing and singing, this is one guy that it doesn't quite matter whether I learn his music next month or when I'm eighty, I will get to him more thoroughly when I need to, and I'm looking forward to it.  So, I'll mourn him out of associative respect, like a contact high, except as a contact low.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Leonard Cohen - Bird on a Wire mp3
at DK Presents
Leonard Cohen - Almost Like the Blues mp3
at Sucks Pants
Leonard Cohen - Memories mp3
at Cold Splinters
Leonard Cohen - Sisters of Mercy (Live) mp3
at The Helpless Dancer
Leonard Cohen - Three more
at Aquarium Drunkard
Visit:
Leonard Cohen: 20 Essential Songs
at Rolling Stone
Leonard Cohen Dead at 82
at Rolling Stone

No comments: