Saturday, April 15, 2017

SAME AS THE OLD BOSS

Well, oh well, lookie here. Another band reuniting. Fuck, this is getting old. I can't say I wouldn't do it, but it does sometimes reek of alternative motives. It could really be trying to pick up on unfinished business, "It felt like all the years just melted away" Really? Could happen, just as easy as it could be for the money or trying to reclaim some former glory. If it's for the latter you better make sure that you don't show up at the reunion looking like the out of shape burned out former football star. No one stays big man on campus forever.

I take reunions with a grain of salt, low expectations and all that jazz. So, no, I didn't run down the new Boss Hog LP. If it's good, it'll find me. I did go looking for a few samples of the new stuff, but I got totally sidetracked by a live set from 2008 and another live studio thing from last year. I'll move on to the new thing, most likely when it's no longer new.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Boss Hog - Hustler mp3
at Ten Bulls
Boss Hog - Jaguar mp3
at ATumblr (?)
Boss Hog - I'm Not Like Everybody Else mp3
at One Woman Show
Boss Hog - Live at WFMU at Internet Archive 12 songs 12/20/2008
Note:
In the right column at Internet Archive, under "Download options" click on "VBR MP3 Files"
New stuff:
Boss Hog - Formula X
(streaming) at Soundcloud
Boss Hog - Wichita Grey
(streaming) at Soundcloud
Boss Hog - 17
(streaming) at Soundcloud
Boss Hog - Ground Control
(streaming) at Soundcloud
Video:
Boss Hog - Live on KEXP
at YouTube 4 songs, 2016

No comments: