Friday, April 13, 2018

MAY I NEVER HAVE TO RESORT TO SHITTY MUSIC

Boy, have I got a lot to learn. Since the lapse of my jazz phobia sometime in the past decade, I can't say that I've listened to a shitload of it, more so than the before maybe but still just sort of dabbling in the names that pop up all the time. Before today I'd never heard of Joe Henderson. I listened to one cut and Ill be damned if another one didn't just get added to the list. This is how it happens. Now that I know that Joe Henderson existed, I'll see his name all over liner notes. That happens all the time, especially in jazz (is there anyone that Gerry Mulligan hasn't met?). So, new name, credit goes to For the Sake of the Song. You ought to check them out. They have a lot of good varied stuff, Ethio-jazz to proto-stoner rock and everything in between. They probably have a huge record collection. Jealous. Sort of.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:
Joe Henderson - El Barrio mp3 at For the Sake of the Song
Horace Silver (with Joe Henderson) - Song For My Father
mp3 at For the Sake of the Song This is the song that Steely Dan copped for the intro of "Rikki Don't Lose that Number". That much I knew.
Four more songs with Joe Henderson
at For the Sake of the Song

No comments: