Wednesday, May 16, 2018

FROM THE LAND OF LUX AND IVY'S FAVORITES

I really don't know what to think of Jack Scott. He's the guy that did the original version of "The Way I Walk" (later covered by the Cramps and Robert Gordon). That's a wicked song, and he has other wicked songs. Some decent rockers too. He's got the Jody Reynolds "She's My Witch" vibe thing going on some of his stuff too. His only demerit for me is the sometimes cheesy, often unneeded, background vocals. The whole package though is a net mega-plus.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Jack Scott - The Way I Walk mp3 at Internet Archive
Jack Scott - Baby, She's Gone mp3
at Internet Archive
Jack Scott - Bella mp3
at Internet Archive
Robert Gordon w/Link Wray - The Way I Walk
(streaming) at YouTube
The Cramps - The Way I Walk
(streaming) at YouTube
Video:
The Cramps - The Way I Walk (live)
at YouTube California State Mental Hospital in Napa, CA 1978

No comments: